With over 33 years of experience in commercial real estate, Ray Pittman’s expertise includes corporate strategy and executive team leadership, property acquisition and development, brokerage, account management, and business operations.
Mr. Pittman currently serves as Chief Client Officer, responsible for CBRE’s global Client Care program, and President & CEO for CBRE’s Pacific Region, including over 2,500 employees in 22 offices across Australia and New Zealand. Prior to this role, he oversaw the company’s operations in Colorado, where revenues and EBITDA for the business more than doubled under his leadership from 2011-2015.
Prior to re-joining CBRE in 2011, Mr. Pittman was the President of Pittman Development Group, Inc., a leading commercial real estate development and investment firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado. During this time, he managed some of Colorado’s largest and most prominent commercial and mixed-use projects, including High Point, an 1,800-acre mixed-use community near Denver International Airport. Ray oversaw all aspects of the project’s land assemblage, planning, zoning and initial development prior to its successful sale pre-GFC.
Prior to founding Pittman Development Group, Mr. Pittman served as Senior Vice President for Catellus Development Corp in Colorado. In this role, he was responsible for all aspects of the development business in Colorado, including acquisitions and dispositions, marketing, sales and leasing, project design, construction management, project financing, and community and government relations.
In 2011, Mr. Pittman re-joined CBRE, where he spent 15 years of his early commercial real estate career. From 1985 through 1999, he served in a variety of brokerage and senior management roles with CBRE, including President of Corporate Services in 1998. Ray was also Executive Managing Director for the company’s Midwest Region and Executive Managing Officer for the Denver area.
Professional Affiliations and Accreditations
- Member – Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Oceania
- Member – Property Council of Australia
- Member – Property Male Champions of Change
- Member – The American Chamber of Commerce in Australia (AmCham)
- Member – CEB International CEO Forum
- Member – Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member – National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Past Board Chairman – Aurora Economic Development Council
- Founding Board Member – High Point Academy Charter School
- Board Member – SOAR Charter Schools
- MBA, University of Colorado
- University of California, Santa Barbara – Graduated with honors
- Real Estate & Finance Course Work, University of Colorado, University of California, Los Angeles and Stanford University